International driver's license

For travelling within South (ern) Africa you officially need an international driver's licence. Generally a foreign driver's license will be accepted if "driving license" is stated on it in in English. However, the police are allowed to ask for your international driver's license. Camper Specialist and our clients never experienced any problems while travelling around in South (ern) Africa. When you don't want to take any risk we recommend you to buy an international driver's license beforehand (bring your driver's license and a recent ID photo). 

** Please note for the rental company it is not necessary to have an international driver's license. Your own foreign driver's license will be sufficient.